Thursday 24 February 2011

Russian Jaegers, dragoons, cuirassiers and command

Foundry Russian generals
Most of my Russian collection

Dragoons

Cuirassiers

Jaeger regiment - head swaps by William De Pretre and Dmitri




Just gone back to using Foundry flesh - I hate to say it but better than vallejo

These can be used as skirmsihers as are based on triangles if you look carefully


I know Russian officers were meant to wear green but you ever seen BBC's War and Peace?

I think I did a good job on these two.

Nive white horse Iannick?



Too many non helmeted really.

I forgot to pipe the collar white

Gallant aristocratic pig with heroic adc

Flag by GMB
















4 comments:

  1. Very cool Roger,
    Where do you keep all these armies? I am guessing you must be related to politicians or Royalty and have a 2nd home set away specifically for your wee men!? ;-)
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that BBC 1970's War and Peace. Somewhere in the loft, I still have a Minifigs Prince Andre in white. And that Natasha was hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Roger, those officers did come out very well.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is one beautiful Russian army - very envious!

    I've just tried the Coat d'arms 'Suntanned flesh' and love the results with a diluted fleshwash or even just Armypainter shade.

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete