Friday 3 April 2009

French Imperial Guard















These boys are probably the best Foundry stuff I've ever painted. Some of the Foundry figures are fantastic and a joy to paint. There's a fair bit of conversion work here so the unit is pretty much unique. Flag is by GMB.

I know its heresy to say this, and I am a massive fan, but I actually prefer these old Perry sculpts to their own offerings. I dont know why - just the character.

You will kindly note that I have been very brave and attempted to paint stripy trousers! Cworr! That's well hard I can tell you. Respect to anyone who does it all the time.

There's a lot of head swaps (the mounted colonel is actually a line colonel with a new head etc) and for those particularly observant you'll see Perry plastic heads as well.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did painting it.

The figures were painted using essentially the "Foundry" three colour system, with RTB amends, and Barry Hilton ideas. Paints are Foundry and Vallejo.




No comments:

Post a Comment